Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 184 Electrical Question

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
    For the resistor to cause the problem it would either have to be shorted or the wrong resistor. Resistors are more likely to burn open rather than short out. A common ignition resistor doesn't have enough resistance. The original is rated at 25 ohms.
    Perhaps it's wired wrong. One end of the resistor is connected to one of the terminals on the two-wire connector on the alternator. The other end of the resistor should be common to the ignition switch with 12 volts whenever the ignition switch is on. This would be the light green wire from the coil.

     An easy test would be to start the tractor, turn the ignition OFF and while the engine is still running pull the light green wire off the resistor and the engine should stop.

    If it's the wrong resistor, you could install an idiot light in the dash. Just connect it into the

    I have attached a wiring diagram.
    Kent

    On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM, lou747jeeps <Lhill@...> wrote:

    Thanks Kent,

    I will throw a new resistor on the alternator and see what happens. That is a quick and easy to do, and it would not be a bad idea to have a new one on there anyway. I will let you know.

    Thanks again,

    Lou