Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 184 with 60 belly mower and loader

  • kevin mahraun
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
      This is the setup that I have.  If you take some pics of the setup and post them up that would be great.

      I run mine with the loader on year round.  In the summer when just mowing I just drop the bucket, 4 pins, takes a minute.  still leaves some weight on the tractor frame, but not enough to worry about.  Makes it much easier to get around the trees while mowing.  Last year I left the loader pump belt attached all summer too - so that pulls some power from the mower, but I never had an issue with it.

      I do drop the deck for winter and snow removal.  it's a 20 minute process or so.  Makes it easier to inspect and sharper the blades for spring though.  The deck is 4 or 6 pins I think, not too bad.  Take some pics of the setup, arms, etc so you remember where it all goes in the spring.

      I picked up my loader separate from the 184, but total was about $2600.  Got a snow blade with it too.   Had to make new hydraulic lines for the bucket.

      It's a great setup for small acreage, large drive, small tasks - I highly recommend it.  If you don't have a need to lift more than 900lbs, smaller jobs around the house and snow - it's great.

      I have chains and rear weight for mine for mine.  Ended up with just the chains on last winter, never had any trouble.  This winter I tried something a little different.  I realized the front wheels are the same bolt pattern as the enclosed trailer.  Since I had 2 spare wheels for it, and wasn't planning on taking it anywhere this winter - I swapped those on.  Pumped them up 50psi and tried it out.  lifts the front about 2" but if you are just using the bucket, not a big deal.  Was like having power steering - worked great.  Moved 500lb loads of wood from a tree that dropped with no trouble.