Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Re: Still can not find starter

  • Karl59
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
      I called all over the us can not find core can not buy a new from IH Have no starter
    • cub982
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
        --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., "Karl59" <karl59@a...> wrote:
        > I called all over the us can not find core can not buy a new from
        IH Have no starter

        Karl,
        You may be lucky in meeting your starter needs. Try this website
        http://www.frankstractorparts.com/ Frank's phone # is 903 597-6679.
        He is located in Tyler TX. He has an IH bone yard. Also has some NOS
        IH stuff. If his web site only partially appears in this message,
        just search on Yahoo.com for Frank's Tractor. You should find his
        listing. The last time I was by his place he had a Cub LoBoy 154.
        Said he would rather sell it outright but, might part it out. He may
        also have a 6 volt starter or core. Frank is a good guy and has
        helped me several times. In fact, I am like a kid in a candy store
        when I go to his place.

        Let us know how this lead works out for you.

        Charlie
      • northcreek2624
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002

            Yes Mike he is looking but has not let me know yet

          • Karl59
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002

              http://www.atis.net/salyards.shtml

              I called most of the salvage yards

            • northcreek2624
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002
                Karl,I think I have a 6 volt starter located,but I've asked this guy
                to check all his sources for a 12.
                A 6 will work,but spins pretty fast and if over used(on a hard
                starting engine)will eventually fry.
                The part number I gave you is the CIH and Delco number so check Delco
                sources also,that's what I'm doing.......Mike

                --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., "Karl59" <karl59@a...> wrote:

                > http://www.atis.net/salyards.shtml
                >
                > I called most of the salvage yards

                Service.
              • chocoholic127
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
                  --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., northcreek2624 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Karl,I think I have a 6 volt starter located,but I've asked this
                  guy
                  > to check all his sources for a 12.
                  > A 6 will work,but spins pretty fast and if over used(on a hard
                  > starting engine)will eventually fry.
                  > The part number I gave you is the CIH and Delco number so check
                  Delco
                  > sources also,that's what I'm doing.......Mike
                  >

                  > **** ok gang! I just called a local alternator radiator repair shop
                  in my hometown,, It costs $100.00 to get a 12v Starter/Generator
                  rebuilt as is on my 1969 Cub 154. So passing this information on.****

                  > --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., "Karl59" <karl59@a...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > http://www.atis.net/salyards.shtml
                  > >
                  > > I called most of the salvage yards

                  > Service.
                • Karl
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
                    Yes you can rebuild for $100 if you have on i have no core
                  • sjfoss2002
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
                      --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., "Karl" <karl59@a...> wrote:
                      > Yes you can rebuild for $100 if you have on i have no core
                      Hey Karl, I just ran accross a starter/generator that may fit your
                      tractor. email: shreck@... phone 814-938-2435.

                      There wasn't much info regarding this other than "cub cadet
                      starter/generator"

                      might be worth a call.

                      Steve
                    • Karl59
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
                        I want just a stater got an alternater on it
                      • northcreek2624
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 4, 2002
                          Karl,No good on the 12 volt starter,I can't believe we're having this
                          much trouble finding one.
                          I don't think a 6 volt will work,I think the bendix drive is a manual
                          type(foot pedal).
                          I did find the other part number for the 12 volt starters,numbers
                          1109352 and 1107327 are interchangeable.
                          Keep looking and you will probably find some guy who says "how many
                          do you want?" that's how it usually goes with these things.
                          I'll keep looking too,don't give up.......Mike
                        • northcreek2624
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 5, 2002
                            Karl,I've located a 12v starter,stay tuned.........Mike