Lo-Boy with IH Loader

  • Skidmartz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
      Hello everyone. I just picked up a 154 with a loader. It does run and work, but pump is mounted on side of engine and runs off belt in in the front of engine. I see from literature it is suposed to be mounted in rear and run from PTO. Just wondering if it's OK where it is or should it be moved to PTO. Thanks in advance for any info.
    • Ted Klunder
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
        I used to have one with the pump mounted on the side of the frame. It worked great. It had an extra pulley bolted to the front of the fan pulley. You are lucky because this leaves your PTO open for other things. Thanks, Ted
        Hello everyone. I just picked up a 154 with a loader. It does run and work, but pump is mounted on side of engine and runs off belt in in the front of engine. I see from literature it is suposed to be mounted in rear and run from PTO. Just wondering if it's OK where it is or should it be moved to PTO. Thanks in advance for any info.

      • kevin mahraun
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
          Can either of you post up a few pics of the front pump setup?  Want to see how hard it would be to move mine up front.

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
            I'll get some pictures posted of mine....seems there was a factory mount on right side of mine. Previous owner did it with idler pulleys and used same belt for everything. I think pump might be running too fast. Is that possible ??

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
              Why do you think that the pump might be "running too fast"? This is a
              complicated issue. Sizing the components of a hydraulic system is not
              something that is simple. You need to have some idea of the pump's
              specifications - volume, pressure, and recommended speed. If your
              suction line is too small or restricted or the reservoir too small,
              running the pump past a certain speed will cause "cavitation" inside the
              pump - you will be pumping air instead of liquid, resulting in very
              poor/erratic performance of the cylinder(s). You can, of course replace
              the input shaft pulley with a larger one to cut the speed, if that is
              indeed the problem. But, until you know more about the pump, you are
              just guessing.

              Mike