Interesting site regarding our C60 engines.

  • northcreek2624
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
      This is the Palmer Marine Co.adaptation of the IH C60 for your viewing pleasure...Mike.
      http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59846
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
        Using a direct drive generator and re-locating the distributor looks
        like two good ideas, especially when you consider the limited access to
        marine engines in most small craft. Every time I used to have to change
        points or adjust them, I would swear at the IH engineers that thought
        the location of the distributor was a good idea. Now I routinely replace
        the points and condenser with an electronic module.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
          Yeah,seems they like to stay away from v-belts on marine engines.I once thought that it was one less thing to fail and strand you at sea but, after seeing the starter belt slip when wet on my old 154 I'm thinking that slippage was their main concern...Mike.

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sloane <mikesloane@...> wrote:

          > Using a direct drive generator and re-locating the distributor looks
          > like two good ideas, especially when you consider the limited access to
          > marine engines in most small craft. Every time I used to have to change
          > points or adjust them, I would swear at the IH engineers that thought
          > the location of the distributor was a good idea. Now I routinely replace
          > the points and condenser with an electronic module.
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > On 11/16/2012 8:43 PM, northcreek2624 wrote:
          > > This is the Palmer Marine Co.adaptation of the IH C60 for your viewing
          > > pleasure...Mike.
          > > http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59846

        • William Bradford
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2012
            some one here in seattle had two of thoes for 400 with out the red gear

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
              FYI-The water cooled exhaust manifolds(if good) are worth big money to people still running these in their boats...Mike.