Pressure plate failure

  • Patrick Drennen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2012
      I have been having problems keeping the pressure plate on one of our 154's. Plate keeps breaking were it bolts to the input shaft of the transmission. Is there anyone elose having this problem?

      Thanks for any help

      Pat
    • hamiltonbobcubs
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
        Pat,
        Check to see your two bolts on the lower front of your transmission are tight. You probably have a alighment problem. Also, be sure you have a SOFT pin in your drivetrain that will break before your rear pressure plate flywheel breaks. We suggest a hard pin thru the rear pressure plate flywheel, and a soft pin in front thru the driveshaft and hub. That way, when you do breake the shear pin, it is a lot easier to replace.
        Hamiltonbob

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Drennen <heybeef@...> wrote:

        > I have been having problems keeping the pressure plate on one of our 154's.
        > Plate keeps breaking were it bolts to the input shaft of the transmission.
        > Is there anyone elose having this problem?
        >
        > Thanks for any help
        >
        > Pat

      • Patrick Drennen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012

          Thanks for the information. I will be looking at the transmission bolts.

          Pat

          On Aug 15, 2012 7:22 AM, "hamiltonbobcubs" <rcn@...> wrote:

          Pat,
          Check to see your two bolts on the lower front of your transmission are tight. You probably have a alighment problem. Also, be sure you have a SOFT pin in your drivetrain that will break before your rear pressure plate flywheel breaks. We suggest a hard pin thru the rear pressure plate flywheel, and a soft pin in front thru the driveshaft and hub. That way, when you do breake the shear pin, it is a lot easier to replace.
          Hamiltonbob

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Drennen <heybeef@...> wrote:

          > I have been having problems keeping the pressure plate on one of our 154's.
          > Plate keeps breaking were it bolts to the input shaft of the transmission.
          > Is there anyone elose having this problem?
          >
          > Thanks for any help
          >
          > Pat

        • Patricia Porciello
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
            I would make sure the transaxle is bolted tight.  It maybe something on on an angle putting more tention on the turning parts.  Either your front mount is loose or missing or the rear frame is cracked on the right side.