Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Pto RPM's????

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
      Nominal 2000 RPM No Load. 154 Spec 1970 RPM, 184 Spec 2050 RPM. Only the Farmall Cub runs at engine RPM.

      Kent

      On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM, bigbill154cub <patriciaporciello@...> wrote:

      Whats the rpm's of the PTO on the 154? 185? & 184??

    • John Adams
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
        Mike is it fare to say you can only run equipment on the PTO that was made for the CubLo boy.
        I had considered a tiller but I think the PTO is turning to fast for any other type of tiller?  Also is the PTO running backwards from most empluments operating direction?

        thanks
        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          I’m not Mike but that is correct. PTO implements must be cub-specific
          because the cub pto runs backwards compared to normal ptos. There were
          reducer / reversers made but they are rare and expensive if you can find
          one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a number series lo-boy.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
            The answer is "yes" to both question. There was a gearbox that was made
            to be used with the Cubs that reversed the direction and dropped the
            speed to about 540 rpm and provided a standard 1-3/8" spline output
            shaft. Those gizmo's show up on eBay from time to time. The problem with
            the Farmall Cub running "standard" implements was that no Category I
            three point hitch came with the Cub. I suppose that, using the
            International Lo-Boy with the optional three point hitch would get over
            that obstacle, but I really wonder if it is worth the trouble.

            The other problem with running a tiller on any of these tractors is that
            the ground speed is really too fast for tilling, so you need the
            "creeper" auxiliary gear box. (I do happen to have a '48 Farmall Cub
            with a Howard Rotovator and a Howard two speed rear end, but that is
            another story.)
            <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_cubs/howard3.html>

            Mike