Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Pto RPM's????

  • Mark Everett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
      Engine speed. 1800 to maybe 2500 depending on year governor setting ect,

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
        Nominal 2000 RPM No Load. 154 Spec 1970 RPM, 184 Spec 2050 RPM. Only the Farmall Cub runs at engine RPM.

        Kent

        On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM, bigbill154cub <patriciaporciello@...> wrote:

        Whats the rpm's of the PTO on the 154? 185? & 184??

      • John Adams
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          Mike is it fare to say you can only run equipment on the PTO that was made for the CubLo boy.
          I had considered a tiller but I think the PTO is turning to fast for any other type of tiller?  Also is the PTO running backwards from most empluments operating direction?

          thanks
          John

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
            I’m not Mike but that is correct. PTO implements must be cub-specific
            because the cub pto runs backwards compared to normal ptos. There were
            reducer / reversers made but they are rare and expensive if you can find
            one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a number series lo-boy.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
              The answer is "yes" to both question. There was a gearbox that was made
              to be used with the Cubs that reversed the direction and dropped the
              speed to about 540 rpm and provided a standard 1-3/8" spline output
              shaft. Those gizmo's show up on eBay from time to time. The problem with
              the Farmall Cub running "standard" implements was that no Category I
              three point hitch came with the Cub. I suppose that, using the
              International Lo-Boy with the optional three point hitch would get over
              that obstacle, but I really wonder if it is worth the trouble.

              The other problem with running a tiller on any of these tractors is that
              the ground speed is really too fast for tilling, so you need the
              "creeper" auxiliary gear box. (I do happen to have a '48 Farmall Cub
              with a Howard Rotovator and a Howard two speed rear end, but that is
              another story.)
              <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_cubs/howard3.html>

              Mike