Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Paint

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
      Off Topic, but I just bought an older Simplicity 860 snow blower in
      nearly perfect condition. The discharge chute was the only part that
      needed some painting. Just to keep it from looking tatty, I cleaned it
      and shot it with a rattle can of "IH White" paint that I had around.
      Darned if it doesn't match the rest of the machine just about perfectly.
      And when I went to re-paint my old Wheelhorse C-121 lawn tractor a few
      years ago, it turned out that "IH Red" was a perfect match!

      Mike

      On 9/15/2011 10:53 AM, artsd456 wrote:
      > Thanks Kent, I found the Van Sickle International White locally and
      > purchased some. Am working on painting the hood now, primed and ready to
      > paint when I get back home from a short trip.
      > Tried two different local stores and they did not have the yellow.
      > Offered to order an IH yellow if I request.
      > They also mentioned a "Federal yellow" as being appropriate. Will check
      > out the number you provided.
      > I plan on visiting my brothers near Lincoln, NE and if I recall
      > correctly Van Sickle paints may come from there. - Art
    • artsd456
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
        Good to know Mike. Appears I cannot go too far wrong on color as long as I avoid JD Yellow! - Art

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
          Art,

          Yes, Van Sickle is in Lincoln NE. Where are you located? In my area, Orschlen Farm Store and local Ace Hardware has Van Sickle.

          For more info go to--    http://www.vansicklepaint.com/

          Kent