Paint

  • artsd456
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
      I am not a professional painter, but plan on spiffing the LoBoy 185 up a bit as I go along. Any recommendations on what specific colors I should use and perhaps which spray can paint maker to use? Not all "whites and Yellows" are the same, so want to come close to the original.

      Anyone have parts for the three point hitch? I am missing the hitch upper link and handle, and the pins at both ends?

      Replaced a leaky hydraulic hose and had the cylinder rebuilt, so the three point should be ready to use. - Art
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
        Art,

        If you are looking for spray cans, you can get Van Sickle International White #471, Ag Yellow #450 or International Yellow #454.

         http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/vscolorcard.html

        Most farm stores will have IH Yellow and IH White.

        For the paint police, my best guess for true color would be to look at the Cub Cadet in the same year group. There were two yellows IH483 & IH483B. For the 185, most likely IH483B. As for white, three colors of white were used IH901, IH902 & IH935. For the 185, most like IH935.

        http://www.ihcubcadet.com/BobsPage/cubpaint.htm+cub+cadet+paint&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

        Kent

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
          Thanks Kent, I found the Van Sickle International White locally and purchased some. Am working on painting the hood now, primed and ready to paint when I get back home from a short trip.
          Tried two different local stores and they did not have the yellow. Offered to order an IH yellow if I request.
          They also mentioned a "Federal yellow" as being appropriate. Will check out the number you provided.
          I plan on visiting my brothers near Lincoln, NE and if I recall correctly Van Sickle paints may come from there. - Art

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
            Off Topic, but I just bought an older Simplicity 860 snow blower in
            nearly perfect condition. The discharge chute was the only part that
            needed some painting. Just to keep it from looking tatty, I cleaned it
            and shot it with a rattle can of "IH White" paint that I had around.
            Darned if it doesn't match the rest of the machine just about perfectly.
            And when I went to re-paint my old Wheelhorse C-121 lawn tractor a few
            years ago, it turned out that "IH Red" was a perfect match!

            Mike

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
              Good to know Mike. Appears I cannot go too far wrong on color as long as I avoid JD Yellow! - Art

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
                Art,

                Yes, Van Sickle is in Lincoln NE. Where are you located? In my area, Orschlen Farm Store and local Ace Hardware has Van Sickle.

                For more info go to--    http://www.vansicklepaint.com/

                Kent