184 mower belt

  • theihdon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2011
      I need a belt for a 184 with a 3160A mower, it is the one that goes to the drive pulley in the back. Does anyone know the size and price of this belt?

      Don
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2011
        Here is where you can view the parts manual for the 3160 mower:
        <http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number%20Series%20Cubs/Cub-154%20Lo-Boy/TC-131%20Parts%20Catalog%20Revision%208/Other%20Equipment/IH%203160%20Rotary%20Cutter/index.html>
        or just go to <www.cleancomputers.com/Cub> and go to the manual you want.

        The IH number for the drive belt is 542177R1. I get all of my larger
        belts from Jay-Dee Enterprises <www.jdv-belts.com>. Their prices are
        reasonable, and they ship the same day as the order. You can find their
        catalog on-line or just call them on their 800 number.

        Mike

        On 8/20/2011 9:54 PM, theihdon wrote:
        > I need a belt for a 184 with a 3160A mower, it is the one that goes to
        > the drive pulley in the back. Does anyone know the size and price of
        > this belt?
        >
        > Don
      • Donald Augustine
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
          Mike,
          I have an old Belt wrapper with a belt numbber on it and the numbers are 106492C1, this is the main drive belt for a 3160A mower that is driven off of the Power takeoff at the back of the tractor. This is a 184 Lowboy tractor.

          Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:45 AM
          Subject: Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 184 mower belt

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
            IH has changed their numbering system in recent years as new computer
            systems were brought on-line by CNH (the current parent company).
            Fortunately, the old numbers will still work. I took the number I used
            from a on-line version of the original 3160 parts manual. I suspect both
            numbers will work fine when ordering a replacement.

            Mike

            On 8/22/2011 7:59 AM, Donald Augustine wrote:
            > Mike,
            > I have an old Belt wrapper with a belt numbber on it and the numbers are
            > 106492C1, this is the main drive belt for a 3160A mower that is driven
            > off of the Power takeoff at the back of the tractor. This is a 184
            > Lowboy tractor.

          • Donald Augustine
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
              I bought a belt from the IH dealer one time and told him it was a 3160 mower and when I went to put it on it was the wrong size, when I took it back and told him he asked, is it a 3160A and I said yes and his response was that one is a different size. He then gave me the correct one. I don’t know what the difference is between a 3160 and a 3160A mower deck is, it may be the spindle centers or the pulley sizes.

              Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 8:10 AM

              IH has changed their numbering system in recent years as new computer
              systems were brought on-line by CNH (the current parent company).
              Fortunately, the old numbers will still work. I took the number I used
              from a on-line version of the original 3160 parts manual. I suspect both
              numbers will work fine when ordering a replacement.

              Mike

              On 8/22/2011 7:59 AM, Donald Augustine wrote:

              > Mike,
              > I have an old
              Belt wrapper with a belt numbber on it and the numbers are
              > 106492C1,
              this is the main drive belt for a 3160A mower that is driven
              > off of the
              Power takeoff at the back of the tractor. This is a 184
              > Lowboy
              tractor.
              href="mailto:mikesloane%40verizon.net">mailto:mikesloane%40verizon.net>

              *Sent:* Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:45 AM
              > *To:*
              href="mailto:ihcubloboyseries%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:ihcubloboyseries%40yahoogroups.com

              <mailto:mailto:ihcubloboyseries%40yahoogroups.com>

              href="http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number%20Series%20Cubs/Cub-154%20Lo-Boy/TC-131%20Parts%20Catalog%20Revision%208/Other%20Equipment/IH%203160%20Rotary%20Cutter/index.html">http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number%20Series%20Cubs/Cub-154%20Lo-Boy/TC-131%20Parts%20Catalog%20Revision%208/Other%20Equipment/IH%203160%20Rotary%20Cutter/index.html>

            • rampeyboy@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
                hmmm interesting that you say that. I have been looking online at pictures of decks. Mine IIRC is a 3160A and doesn't look like the pictures I've seen online of other 3160's. I will have to verify what I have though....

                Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 8:10 AM