WHAT DO I HAVE?????

  • lorenccms
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2011
      I have recently inherited a cub lowboy. The nameplate that belongs on the frame is missing, the decals have long been painted over. The colo schemes are the same as cub cadet (yellow and white). I was able to cross the numbers off the engine block to find out it was manufactued in April of 1972. It seems to have a clutch problem in which a prior owner left plenty of evidence that he had been playing with the clutch. My plan was to try and find a manual to figure out exactly how it is supposed to be set up, repai and dissassembly type manual however, i am reluctant to order a manual if I am uncertain of exactly what model i have. Is there anyone who can help me identify what I have by process of elimination or suggest another way of finding out?

      Thanks,

      Lp
    • John Adams
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2011

        I have the same tractor you now have.

        The manual is available on line through the Yahoo club for Cub Lowboy tractors, lots of good information as well they help other cub owners.

        Good luck

        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2011
          There are offset yellow & white International Cubs & Cub Lo-Boys. There are yellow & White Cub Lo-Boys that look like a big Cub Cadet. I assume you have the big Cub Cadet looking one.
          The 154 was built from 1968-1974. Most likely you have a Cub Lo-Boy 154. The 154, 185 & 184 Cub Lo--Boys all use the same common service manual, GSS-1408 or an IT-50. You can view the parts breakdown online at www.caseih.com or other sites. They do have individual Owner's Manuals. You can get good quality reprint manuals at www.binderbooks.com. For the correct deck manual, you will have to determine which of about half a dozen decks you have. Most have 60" cut. They include 60" Mower, 3160, 3160 Series A early, 3160 Series A late, 3260 or a Woods deck.

          Kent