Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Re: 154 LoBoy new owner

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
      In all my years of dealing with Farmall Cubs, I have never seen/heard of
      a propane model. I would love to see a picture. What you describe are
      not necessarily "early" Cubs - the IH Farmall Cub was offered from 1947
      until 1989 with virtually no changes, aside from the sheet metal
      hood/tank - they are all offset ("Culitivision") machines. The Farmall
      Cub is, in many ways, a 3/4 scaled down version of the Farmall A. Those
      were offered in propane versions.

      As far as the Farmall Cub Lo-boys (not the numbered LoBoy), IH didn't
      turn the gears upside down. They rotated the rear drive assemblies 90°,
      which brought them lower down and a little farther forward. This made
      the seating a little bit tighter.

      You can see some of this when you look at images of some of my Cubs at
      <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_cubs/>

      The numbered International LoBoy (which are generally the subject matter
      of this group), while sharing the engine and drive train with the
      Farmall Cub, has almost nothing else in common with them.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
        Oops - another early morning typo - that should be "offered from 1947
        until 1979". I should not reply to messages before my first cup of java.

        Mike