Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 184 midlift question

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2011
      I don't think you will feel the detent, but if the lever stays forward
      when you move it all the way forward, that's it.

      Mike

      On 3/17/2011 1:32 PM, BoyceR wrote:
      > According to the manual, if you put the lift handle all the way forward,
      > it is in a float position. I tried that, but did not feel any detent to
      > indicate it was a floater! So, should there be a detent? Can I simply
      > put it in that position, cut the tractor off, then hop down and lift the
      > mower deck to test? Thanks!
      >
      > Boyce

    • Mark Everett
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2011
        Exactly, the float detent is not a heavy spring loaded thing like you may be used to. Also its a one way lift circuit. Its not as stiff as you may be used to in the up direction even in the hold position. It ain't Touch Control.
        Mark