Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] creeper vent help

  • John Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      Thanks.  I'll try the hardware store/plumbing supply house route first since I would need to mail order the actual part (assuming it's available).

      On Feb 28, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Kent Morris wrote:

      Yes, you will need a reducer. It's a standard pipe thread that MAY be available from a good hardware store, plumbing shop or auto parts store. May be available in brass fittings. What makes it somewhat special is that it jumps from 1/8" to 1/2" in one adapter. You could use multiple adapters (a little tacky) or go the easy route and order the 444030 adapter.
      Kent

      On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM, faithvineyard <faithvineyard@...> wrote:

      After reading questions/answers concerning leaking hydraulic fluid from the creeper selector, I purchased vent plug part # 110-891-H to correct the same problem I have been experiencing. There is an existing plug on the top of the creeper drive that requires a hex key to remove, and the threaded hole is much larger than the male threads on the vent plug. Is there another place it goes? Or, do i need the reducer pipe, part 444-030 to put the vent plug on the top of the drive unit?