Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Battery

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2011
      When the battery on my 184 died, I just picked up a garden tractor
      battery at Wal-mart, and it spins the engine over very nicely. And it
      fits under the cover too.

      Mike

      On 2/21/2011 2:23 PM, quakertrain wrote:
      > I have a 1979 184 international. How many cranking amp battery is
      > recommended for this tractor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      > Larry Remley

    • Mark Everett
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2011
        A garden tractor sized battery is what I use too. But get a high capacsity one. The 20 dollar ones won't do. Its a tiny low compression engine, not hard to turn over, if the electrics are in good shape.

        Mike Sloane <mikesloane@...> wrote:

        >When the battery on my 184 died, I just picked up a garden tractor
        >battery at Wal-mart, and it spins the engine over very nicely. And it
        >fits under the cover too.
        >
        >Mike
        >
        >On 2/21/2011 2:23 PM, quakertrain wrote:
        >> I have a 1979 184 international. How many cranking amp battery is
        >> recommended for this tractor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >> Larry Remley

      • Cassius Toon
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 23, 2011
          I took the battery from my 154 to Advance Auto and they had the exact replacement battery.