Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 154 for sale.

  • Tim Stone
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
      Hi Terry, your 154 is a good machine. Don't let some narrow minded folks dishearten you. BTW the demand for numbered loboys come and go. Spring is usually a good time to sell. Some of the 154's in the pics sections have restorations that rival anything I've ever seen. BTW for a small utility tractor my 184 does great. For the price I wouldn't trade if for something much more expensive. Name one other utility tractor (all the loboys) that has this longevity? Bet you can't find one.

      Warm Regards'
      Tim S..

      From: TerryD <taduke3659@...>
      Subject: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 154 for sale.
      To: ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 9:15 PM

      1972 Cub LoBoy 154 For sale. Greate little tractor.New clutch,pressure plate.Throw-out bearing.1/r gear replaced as well as the fork. Many extra parts. $1500.00 in receipts.
      No 3 point hitch and no creeper. 1,200.00. Located near FT Wayne In. 46806

    • jimmy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
        Ditto what Tim said Terry. Don't sweat the small stuff. If it were a Bugatti Veyron someone would be jealous enough to have something bad to say about it. I drove mine down the road a couple miles to a guy who has probably 20 old tractors and half dozen ancient bulldozers and he was thoroughly impressed with my 154. He said he would love to have it but was just too old to get into another one. Made me feel good to know it was appreciated. That's not to mention the google eyes all the passerbys gave me on the street. One little girl said "look at the cool tractor". I know it's a corny story but just trying to get the message across. Be proud of your 154. They're a treasure.
        Jim

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Tim Stone <tpstone3756@...> wrote:

        > Hi Terry, your 154 is a good machine. Don't let some narrow minded folks dishearten you. BTW the demand for numbered loboys come and go. Spring is usually a good time to sell. Some of the 154's in the pics sections have restorations that rival anything I've ever seen. BTW for a small utility tractor my 184 does great. For the price I wouldn't trade if for something much more expensive. Name one other utility tractor (all the loboys) that has this longevity? Bet you can't find one.
        >
        > Warm Regards'
        > Tim S..

      • njdale2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2011
          Terry,
          Your 154 is being offered at a fair price. It is probably more the season than anything else. Most people are not thinking about mowing the grass in mid January. When the grass turns green, someone will probably show up with the green !!!
          NJDale