hydro leaks

  • George Cullen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
      Howdy All, Finally got my 185 all put back together and running well.
      My big challenge was rebuilding the creeper gear unit. With the help of a local machine shop and $50, I have a like-new creeper unit! Problem is that there is a noticeable hydro fluid leak coming from the top of the creeper unit where the shifting lever fits in. I don't recall there being an o-ring called for in the re-assembly. Anyone have a fix for that?
      I'm also looking for a good rubber/plastic handle for the end of the lift lever on the right side. Anyone have one of those??
      Thanks! George
    • George Cullen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
        Sorry... I meant to say the lift lever on the right side of the tractor that operates the 3point.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "George Cullen" <george@...> wrote:

        > Howdy All, Finally got my 185 all put back together and running well.
        > My big challenge was rebuilding the creeper gear unit. With the help of a local machine shop and $50, I have a like-new creeper unit! Problem is that there is a noticeable hydro fluid leak coming from the top of the creeper unit where the shifting lever fits in. I don't recall there being an o-ring called for in the re-assembly. Anyone have a fix for that?
        > I'm also looking for a good rubber/plastic handle for the end of the lift lever on the right side. Anyone have one of those??
        > Thanks! George

      • Tim Stone
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
          Hi George, as long as it is coming from the shift lever it will stop. I over filled my creeper when I installed it on my 184. After some time and using the creeper it stopped. Hydro fluid unlike water expands and contracts with temp. If you fill the creeper all the way to the top then the fluid expands and also sloshes around it will come out where you are noticing.

          Hope that helps..

          Tim S..

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2011
            George,
            Some of the creeper units have a plug on the left side - some do not. This was supposed to be the correct fluid level. I guess that yours is one of the early ones that does not have the plug.

            Possibly a turkey baster with a short length of small diameter hose attached to it and put in from the top plug. Doing it several times might get the level down a couple of inches.

            Hope that this helps, NJDale

            PS, Your wife said that she needed a new one anyhow !!!