Re: 154 PTO parts????

  • bigbill154cub
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2010
      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "bigbill154cub" <patriciaporciello@...> wrote:

      > I need two ball bearings PN# IH-59769-C92 for the PTO ingagement levers and the seals for the 3260 mower deck PN# 473428-R92 i need 6 seals. Is there any other source or part numbers that will interchange for these seals and ball bearings??

      The Napa store at my new town is really bad, they BS behind the counter like i'm interupting them. They they tell me they can't help me just to get rid of me so they can continue to BS.

      The Napa store at my old town were i know most of the people, were i been dealing for many years go out of ther eway to help me out.

      My point is the same store can be different because of the people.

      I was hoping that someone had the numbers before i take it all apart. If its a common used bearing maybe i can get tham at a bearing house along with my mower deck seals.

      I order most of my stuff on the net and most of these so called parts discount places are thrid hand sellers with no inventory on hand they order the parts like we do then package it and send it to us. I waited for partstree for over 6 months for parts, they forgot about my order. Now i'm waiting for outdoor distributors for a few months now too. I need to go to another source for parts.
    • mc32spl
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15, 2010
        My experience has been "some of each". When the alternator died on my 184, took it to the Advanced Autoparts down the road. First guy demanded to know what it was "of off", told me he couldn't help me, when I said an IH 184.

        Another guy took over and found me a rebuilt one within a few minutes. Only thing I had to do, was add two spacers to put the pulley in line with where it needed to be. That was four years ago, it's still working fine.
      • Nathan Stark
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2010
          Its ok Mike,
          The parts people that can do that are far and few.I am 32 but Most of the older generation will do that kind of stuff for the customer, its called respect and that is great but it seems like more and more that most dont care that you have a collectors Item and that you just need help sometimes. Me myself am a collector and I love getting my help in on other peoples toys.
          My cents again
          Nate
          P.S. I also dont work for the Zone!

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 15, 2010
            Sounds like 2 different generations or someone didnt know what you were talking about.
            Nate again

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 15, 2010
              First guy was "going by the book", second one had enough sense to see if they had the same alternator for a different application. Some countermen won't make an attempt, unless you give them something to look up in "the book". If they can't find the vehicle on their computer, they won't try to help.

              When I got the 184, one of the head lights was shot. Noticed Advance had two different "lawn equipment" bulbs on the shelf, so I took my bulb in and one that they stock, is an exact replacement. IIRC, it cost a whoppin' $8 four years ago?

              Apparently many auto parts chains in urban and suburban areas, don't have much in the way of "ag" parts on their data bases? NAPA seems to be the exception.
            • Craig
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2010
                Those same seals are used in other applications on many "Cub Cadet" tractors and equipment so you may want to try the closest Cadet dealer that services them as well as sells them....
                You could also try these guys, they claim to have them @ $6.00 a pop plus shipping. http://www.ccspecialties.org/implementparts_2.html