replace second-third shift fork

  • pplainian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2010
      my manual says I can " slide shifter rails rearward and out of forks" Is that possible? Message 235 refers to the same. Do I grab it with a vise grip and tap rearward? Does the shaft have to be rotated 90 degrees first to defeat the detent ball? Has anyone tried this instead of removing all the stuff from the driveshaft on back? its a 1970-154
    • outdoors4evr1
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2010
        Use a wood dowel (1/2" dia) and a light hammer. It will clear. Just keep a finger on that detent ball.