Lifting the deck

  • Kati A
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      Hello, my 154 is at the shop and having trouble with the hydraulics to lift the deck. First it wouldn't raise. When he tested the pump, the pressure was off the scale(over 300 psi) so he's thinking the hdraulic cylinder must be locked up/frozen some how. Any other ideas? I may just have to mow with it always down otherwise. I'm afraid that would be too expensive, if even posible, to replace. Thanks! Kay
    • Tim Stone
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
        Hi Kay, I would contact Hamilton Bob and see if he has a cylinder. That hydro cylinder isn't very expensive for a used one.. Basically bolt on and hook up the hose exercise to bleed and fixed..

        Just a thought..

        Hello, my 154 is at the shop and having trouble with the hydraulics to lift the deck. First it wouldn't raise. When he tested the pump, the pressure was off the scale(over 300 psi) so he's thinking the hdraulic cylinder must be locked up/frozen some how. Any other ideas? I may just have to mow with it always down otherwise. I'm afraid that would be too expensive, if even posible, to replace. Thanks! Kay

      • mill_glen_chevy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
          The hydraulic pressure generated by a 154 is supposed to be over 1500 psi. If it makes rated pressure but the deck still doesn't move, have him disconnect the deck from the cylinder, manually retract it, as it is a single acting cylinder, and see if it moves freely then. then check the deck and rockshaft for free movement. One of them is stuck, and you need to isolate the parts before buying parts.