154 3 point hitch

  • Isaac
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2010
      I would like to locate and purchase a 3 point hitch for my 154 please contact me with any information
      thanks
    • mixednerve
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 11:35 AM
        i would like to build a drad to pull behind for my horse pastures and a small bushhog to knock down high grass when my tenants don't mow before they get evicted (I have had to do it many  itmes)

        Hi,before you put a 3pt on your tractor(it won't be cheap)can I ask what you plan on putting back there?...Mike.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@ yahoogroups. com, "Isaac" <mixednerve@ ...> wrote:

        > I would like to locate and purchase a 3 point hitch for my 154 please contact me with any information
        > thanks

      • dixiwillie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 2:54 PM
          Make sure you've done your homework THOROUGHLY before making plans to use the PTO on a numbered lowboy. The PTO shaft rotation is backward from a standard PTO, the shaft is a different diameter, and the number of splines on the shaft is not standard. If you need something to use with standard eqp. you'll most likely be better off to trade tractors. In addition to all of these reasons not to try to use a numbered lowboy for 3 point eqp. is the fact that the tractor is a little light and underpowered for most "farm type" applications...I had one for 30 years.
          Stan Wilhite in N AL