Help with battery and tune up

  • wargodjd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Satrting to tweak my new 185. The owners manual which came with it
      doesn't have any description of the plugs, points, condensor,
      battery, etc.

      I would especially like a battery id so that I can replace the no
      name POS one that came with the tractor. Are there any parts numbers
      for the filters, plugs, etc., from Fram, Napa, AC, Champion, that
      will save me a long trip to the IH dealership?

      Thanks for the help.

      Jerry
    • carlos garcia
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        --- wargodjd <tincansailor@...> wrote:
        > Satrting to tweak my new 185. The owners manual
        > which came with it
        > doesn't have any description of the plugs, points,
        > condensor,
        > battery, etc.
        >
        > I would especially like a battery id so that I can
        > replace the no
        > name POS one that came with the tractor. Are there
        > any parts numbers
        > for the filters, plugs, etc., from Fram, Napa, AC,
        > Champion, that
        > will save me a long trip to the IH dealership?
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Jerry
        >
        > spark plugs are champion-d 21,oil filter element
        international cub 85799003.from valu-bilt tractor
        parts 1-888-828-3276 or www.valu-bilt.com

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • vitaminrustb2
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2002
          I don't have a 185 but a 154. Earlier posts probably address this
          directly but the Fram oil filter # is 235. Double check with the book
          wherever it is available. Battery is squarish originally, a 55 or so
          series but a honda civic battery fits in nicely with room for a quart
          of oil next to it and will work fine.