Re: My Cub lo-boy 154 tractor

  • outdoors4evr1
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
      You probably also have an issue with the poppet balls or the shift fork. It sounds like it wants to pop out of gear when using reverse. Both of these require opening the top cover of the trans but it is an easy fix.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sloane <mikesloane@...> wrote:

      > I don't own a 154, but my understanding is that there is a clutch brake
      > that has to be adjusted to stop it from spinning so you can engage
      > various gears. Instructions for adjusting the brake can probably be
      > found easily by checking the group message archives.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > john1444@... wrote:
      > >

      > > I just purchased a Cub lo-boy 154 tractor. I am new to the club but not
      > > to the cub tractor. I also have Cub Cadet 107 tractor which I use to mow
      > > the yard.
      > > I am in the process of restoring the 154 tractor. It is running and
      > > starts right up.
      > > My current problem is the shifting of the tractor. Is there a guid or
      > > some specs on setting the shifting arms in the gear box???
      > > Right now I can not shift the tractor without a lot of grinding of the
      > > gears. I have to hold the shifter down to keep it in reverse.
      > >
      > > Any help with adjusting the shifting of the tractor would sure be
      > > appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > John Adams
      > > Dallas, Texas

    • Brad Stogsdill
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        My clutch brake needs new pads- I just put it in gear, then start the engine with the clutch pedal depressed and I dont ever put it in nuetral except passing thru during a shift.

        My tunnel cover is gone and if I put the shfter in nuetral I can see the clutch plate starts spinning within a few seconds and I have to shut off the engine then shift into gear and restart.
        I plan to fix the clutch brake and some other stuff later when time permits....

        Regards,
        Bradley

        john1444@swbell. net wrote:

        > I just purchased a Cub lo-boy 154 tractor. I am new to the club but not
        > to the cub tractor. I also have Cub Cadet 107 tractor which I use to mow
        > the yard.
        > I am in the process of restoring the 154 tractor. It is running and
        > starts right up.
        > My current problem is the shifting of the tractor. Is there a guid or
        > some specs on setting the shifting arms in the gear box???
        > Right now I can not shift the tractor without a lot of grinding of the
        > gears. I have to hold the shifter down to keep it in reverse.
        >
        > Any help with adjusting the shifting of the tractor would sure be
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        > John Adams
        > Dallas, Texas

      • ronald lynch

          john1444@swbell. net wrote:

          > I just purchased a Cub lo-boy 154 tractor. I am new to the club but not
          > to the cub tractor. I also have Cub Cadet 107 tractor which I use to mow
          > the yard.
          > I am in the process of restoring the 154 tractor. It is running and
          > starts right up.
          > My current problem is the shifting of the tractor. Is there a guid or
          > some specs on setting the shifting arms in the gear box???
          > Right now I can not shift the tractor without a lot of grinding of the
          > gears. I have to hold the shifter down to keep it in reverse.
          >
          > Any help with adjusting the shifting of the tractor would sure be
          > appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks
          > John Adams
          > Dallas, Texas