Re: Stumpped on stalling!!!

  • jarhead251266
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2009
      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I think that you have a faulty generator or regulator.Because your battery is relativly new it will rebound overnight and will run the tractor until the demands of the ignition degrade it to a discharged state.If this continues you will be buying another battery because this sort of thing really shortens battery life...MIKE.

      My Dads 185 would quit running while mowing and it turned out to be the pto clutch coil going to ground killing the battery and the life of the battery. Brian
    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
        Brian,that could be the case on a 184 tractor but,the 185 has a manual clutch like the 154 so there is no coil in this case...Mike.