Re: New 154 owner

  • northcreek2624
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2002
      Glenn,The PTO clutch will rattle a bit, but if you,re talking main
      clutch there could be a problem,try and describe the noise and maybe
      we can figure it out.....Mike
    • glenn_guy_98
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18, 2002
        It is the main clutch.
        It has a rattle, and it's constant. The pitch changes slightly when
        engaged, but it's always there. It sounds almost like a clutch on an
        old go-cart but louder.
        The tractor seems to pull pretty good. I haven't loaded it too much
        yet, but it does work pretty well. The noise will drive me nuts after
        a while though.

        Glenn

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., northcreek2624 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Glenn,The PTO clutch will rattle a bit, but if you,re talking main
        > clutch there could be a problem,try and describe the noise and
        maybe
        > we can figure it out.....Mike
      • northcreek2624
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2002
          Glenn,the 154&185 tractors use a clutch brake because of the rear
          clutch arrangment,this has more rotating mass than a front clutch
          i.e.the 184,so they need to stop this mass to allow gear shifting.
          There is a linkage and two fibre dowels to rub on the backside of the
          clutch plate,there is provision for adjustment so it may be as simple
          as that.
          When I had my 154 this was a constant problem,I eventually removed
          the fibre dowels and made a bracket to hold an automotive brake
          pad,this worked great and after five years I was still on the same
          pad....Mike

          PS you might try an extra spring on that clutch brake linkage.
        • glenn_guy_98
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2002
            Thanks for the help!
            I'll probably take a closer look at it tonight.