Re: 154 replacement lights

  • mjgeorgal
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
      All 154, 185, 184 loboy tractors were 12 volt from the factory.
      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Tim Stone <tpstone3756@...>
      wrote:

      > Just make sure you match the correct voltage.. Some of the
      older 154's were 6 volt weren't they?

      > Tim S..

      ryderfp/products /srm/oid/ 105556/erm/ product_detail. jsp?
      utm_source= googlebase& utm_medium= search&utm_ campaign= product>

      > You should be able to get them pretty much anywhere that kind of
      thing
      > is sold. You even get halogen versions of them, which are much
      brighter
      > than the old filament lamps. The same lamp is used in a lot of lawn
      > lighting fixtures, so you might want to check suppliers of outdoor
      > lighting fixtures.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > burgertime631 wrote:
      > >

      > > Any leads for inexpensive headlights for my 154? I was reading an
      > > earlier post that said he used lights from Northern tool or Harbor
      > > freight. Has anyone had any luck with using non IH lights for
      this fix?
      > > Thanks

    • bigbill154cub
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "mjgeorgal" <mjgeorgal@...>
        wrote:

        > All 154, 185, 184 loboy tractors were 12 volt from the factory.
        > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Tim Stone <tpstone3756@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Just make sure you match the correct voltage.. Some of the
        > older 154's were 6 volt weren't they?
        > >
        > > Tim S..

        Some of these bulbs that fit our tractor headlites are air port
        landing lights and spot lights too.
      • bigbill154cub
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "bigbill154cub"
          <patriciaporciello@...> wrote:

          > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "mjgeorgal" <mjgeorgal@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > All 154, 185, 184 loboy tractors were 12 volt from the factory.
          > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Tim Stone
          <tpstone3756@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Just make sure you match the correct voltage.. Some of the
          > > older 154's were 6 volt weren't they?
          > > >
          > > > Tim S..

          The 4411 bulbs are $6.14 and the 4416 bulds are $6.79 I find that
          rather affordable? Not too long ago i would spend my lunch money
          for fishing lures and eat at the dollar menu. Now I eat at home and
          spend all of my saved lunch money for tractor stuff.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
            While there are a lot of lamps that will fit (the "PAR 36" profile), I
            would be concerned that aircraft landing lights would draw too much
            current. Also, I don't think they are rated for all that many hours of use.

            And the spot lights will work in a pinch, but I think the lack of
            "spread" would be less than satisfactory for moving snow at night. The
            advantage of the "4411" lamp is that it is supposed to spread the light
            out in a horizontal pattern, reducing upward glare and permitting a view
            to the sides.

            Another typical use for PAR 36 lamps is the automatic emergency lighting
            systems that are used in commercial/educational buildings when the power
            fails.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2009
              The 4416 with 35,000 candle power have less input than the 4411
              lamps do with the same life span. I just purchased 4 pairs of the
              4416 to try out.

              --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sloane
              <mikesloane@...> wrote:

              > While there are a lot of lamps that will fit (the "PAR 36"
              profile), I
              > would be concerned that aircraft landing lights would draw too
              much
              > current. Also, I don't think they are rated for all that many
              hours of use.

              > And the spot lights will work in a pinch, but I think the lack
              of
              > "spread" would be less than satisfactory for moving snow at night.
              The
              > advantage of the "4411" lamp is that it is supposed to spread the
              light
              > out in a horizontal pattern, reducing upward glare and permitting
              a view
              > to the sides.
              >
              > Another typical use for PAR 36 lamps is the automatic emergency
              lighting
              > systems that are used in commercial/educational buildings when the
              power
              > fails.
              >
              > Mike
              >
              > bigbill154cub wrote:
              > >

              > > Some of these bulbs that fit our tractor headlites are air port
              > > landing lights and spot lights too.

            • burgertime631
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2009
                Thanks for all of the great input. I went with the ryder website. Minimum order was $15.00
                so i ordered one of those rubber sealed lights for the fender.

                --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, burgertime631 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Any leads for inexpensive headlights for my 154? I was reading an
                > earlier post that said he used lights from Northern tool or Harbor
                > freight. Has anyone had any luck with using non IH lights for this fix?
                > Thanks

              • GT
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2009
                  I just replaced my lamps this summer. I had a little trouble at first  but after I replaced the batter cables everything was fine. search some of my previous posts. anyway I went down to O' Riellys auto parts and purchased a couple of halogen sylvainia's in the same par 35 configuration and I think that you could bale hay with them. Stay away from the aircraft lights I think that you will have trouble with your start gen keeping up. You Yankees stay warm and keep the cold up there. GT