Help With belt

  • dewagator
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
      Does anyone know what size pto to mower belt I need for my 185 lo boy? Its a 60 inch deck.
      Where could I get this belt, Thanks.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
        First you need to know which deck you have. If it's a Woods, you can go to www.woodsequipment.com and download a manual. If it's an IH, it may be a 3160, 3160A (early), 3160A (late), or a 3260. You can go to www.caseih.com and "Search For Parts" by model number.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
          If you can describe the deck I probably can help you. If it has skids on the outside and gage wheels on the front, it could be a IH 3160, or a Woods. The  IH3160 cutter is the only deck that has two 1/2 in bolts to hold each blade.  I by my belts at Napa because they are mutch cheaper than Case IH.

          please provide more details
          Walt

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
            --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "dewagator" <dewagator@...>
            wrote:

            > Does anyone know what size pto to mower belt I need for my 185 lo
            boy? Its a 60 inch deck.
            > Where could I get this belt, Thanks.

            If you have a Woods L59 then you need to take into consideration which
            rear tires you have. If you have the wide turf tires along with the
            wheel spacers installed then you will need a 227 inch 5/8 belt. Woods
            standard is 218 inch and this is to short if you have the wide tires.
            The reason that a longer belt is needed is that the wide tires force
            movement of the Woods L59 deck forward so it will not rub against the
            wide tires. This forces a longer belt. Keep in mind that the belts
            stretch in use. I can recommend a supplier if you need one. Please advise.