Re: Pondering a hydrostatic conversion

  • barry_s_u
    Message 1 of 1425 , Feb 13, 2002
      Darn good question! Pretty sure it's true that
      the cub cadets, farmall cubs, and the 154/185/184
      series used the same transmissions/rear ends/final
      drives. It sounds like something that could be done! I've
      also heard the folks at <a href=http://www.ihcubcadet.com target=new>http://www.ihcubcadet.com</a>
      talking about how rugged the hydro is in the old cub
      cadets. In fact, I own a 1650 that I don't really use
      very much. Maybe I could turn the 154 into a hydro,
      and leave the 185 as a gear drive! <br>Actually,
      don't think I'd ever do that, but it sure sounds like
      it's possible! Maybe you should post the question at
      the cub cadet forum and report back to us here. I'm
      sure you'd get lots of answers, including "why would
      you ever do that???" from the gear junkies, and
      "'bout time you thought of that!" from the hydro crowd.
      I'd eagerly watch them churn on that question!
    • Bob Naylor RCN@ZOOMTOWN.COM
      Message 1425 of 1425 , Jul 7, 2009
        Yes, just listed one on E-Bay under HAMILTONBOB
        Thanks