154 Lo boy Questions

  • kevin.green7334
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2008
      I have a few questions on a 154 I purchased.

      1. Where do I drain and fill the hydraulic fluid? I have a book
      that tells the capacities, but no instructions.

      2 The tractor pulls great in all gears. Except 1st you have
      to let the clutch out a little for it to engage. Could it
      be the fork in the transmission?

      3. The steering column is loose. I ordered the rubber grommet
      that goes through the dash and holds the column in place,
      but the actual rod from the steering wheel to the steering
      box is moving around in the tube. Is there another bearing?

      Thanks guys. I will try to get a pic of it tommorrow to post.

      Kevin
    • snyder.andy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
        As far as #3 goes I had the same problem. All I did was pull the
        steering wheel with a gear puller and put the plastic bushing back
        in. It did seem as my shaft was lose but the bushing fixed it. I
        did have a lot of play yet and found my steering box to be lose,
        tighted it up and it works great. As far as #1 there are three 3/8
        drive plugs in the back those are your fill holes for the three
        compartments. To drain the finals I think you have to take the
        bottom covers off which face foreward on a loboy. The trans has a
        drain plug on the bottom under the tractor, don't forget to change
        the filter by the seat. Andy

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "kevin.green7334"