Re: Box Blade v. Front Blade

  • snyder.andy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
      I just bought a box blade and it seems to work fine behind my 154. The
      other day when I got it I drug the slush from the driveway and then
      went to play in my sand box. I put the teeth down and it ripped
      through the frost filled gravel and filled in some holes pretty good.
      Andy
      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, creeperdr <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "cethland" <ceth@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I want to get either a International 54 Blade or a box blade for
      the
      > > back. Does anyone have both and can say which one they like better
      for
      > > smoothing dirt, gravel etc. Snow is not an issue for me.
      > >

      > Get a 5' box blade for the rear. I've had 4 or 5 different front and
      > rear blades on mine and I prefer the rear box blade for what you are
      > wanting to do. I spread out 28 tons (2 tandem dump trucks)of gravel
      > that was dumped out into 2 piles in 2 hours or so before with my 154.
      >
      > Dave

    • Ceth Land
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
        Thanks for everyone's input.

        >>> Larry H <skyridersbn@...> 3/6/2008 1:51 PM >>>

        I have used both.  I advantage of having the blade in the front is you don't have to constantly turn around to watch what you are doing.  The really down side of having the blade up front is, because of the weight of the blade, it makes the front a lot heavier and harder to turn. If you have just a rear blade, its much harder to move dirt with and takes a lot longer.  If you have a box/grader blade combination, you can gather and hold the dirt inside the box and move it to where you want it and not have it going out the sides of the a blade.

        Hope this helps you out.

        Larry H