Re: Lo-Boy differences

  • vitarust
    Message 1 of 1425 , Jan 9, 2002
      Sometimes it just comes down to balance. Many
      times I have to widen my view to an interaction among
      many components instead of focussing on making one
      technically perfect and expecting it to fix a machine whose
      other components aged and changed. An example could be
      the carb situation. Well the carb is all grimy and
      coated with stuff but changing that old air filter
      didn't quite help much in fact (it just couldn't!)made
      it worse. So I clean that dang carbuator big time
      and am in hurry(and it's so simple)and in the end
      things are about the same. Well just possibly the mating
      surfaces were warped and now that everything is clean it
      sucks air even better, plus there's a nice new air
      filter for more air and now we have the heat variable
      which will change the mixture while working. In more
      modern 4-cyl engines I see they have half-cups/little
      sheet metal shields under the barrels ,to help spread
      or perhaps Vortex the gasoline spray into the
      manifold. In the olden days man they just dumped into a
      trough.-but then they didn't have 50 vacuum hoses going all
      over.
    • Bob Naylor RCN@ZOOMTOWN.COM
      Message 1425 of 1425 , Jul 7, 2009
        Yes, just listed one on E-Bay under HAMILTONBOB
        Thanks