Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Re: phoney seller on ebay

  • designer62@qtm.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
      Sorry.....thought I mentioned that in my last note.

      The item was relisted under another identification number
      and yet my second chance offer was attached to the relisted
      item and not the original auction and original identification
      number.

      Mike
      Niles, Mi

      northcreek2624 wrote:

      You can't get a second chance offer until the auction ends so the SC
      offer you received would have been for your $2k bid.
      Looks like the offer was legit and when you didn't respond the
      seller just relisted.
      Check the item # on the second chance offer and compare it to the
      relisted item # .......Mike.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@ yahoogroups. com, "desi40m" <designer62@ ...>
      wrote:

      > I just had an unpleasant experience on ebay.
      >
      > I was bidding on and won a 1978 184 lo boy. However, the reserve
      had
      > not been met. And I understand that.
      >
      > But!!! The seller sent me a "second chance" offer (which I have
      > gotten before with other auctions on ebay). But I found out that
      the
      > seller had "re-listed" the item on yet another auction with a higher
      > price!
      > If I had not been paying attention (as I am sure she hoped I would
      not
      > do) I would have accepted her second chance offer on what I would
      have
      > thought was "my" last bid on the original auction. (that is the rule
      > on second chance offers on ebay). My last winning bid was $2075 and
      > her new auction listed it at $2975!! I was almost scammed out of
      $900!!

      > Beware of "cardinalss01" I have reported her and she ebay is
      > investigating her.

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.12/1203 - Release Date: 12/30/2007 11:27 AM

    • bigbill154cub
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
        This should be an eye opener for us who bid on ebay. Maybe we need
        a list here on who's ok on ebay? I have had great success from the
        sellers there like "Hamiltonbob" and "Joes outdoor power" these two
        have been the best.

        I did get burnt on one item from another seller there i won a cub
        cadet gas tank with straps and reveived only one strap in the box
        but it was my fault i looked in the box too late to see the strap
        missing. My point is open the box and take everything out and make
        sure its ok before you leave feedback.

        I try to stay with joes outdoor power and hamiltonbob were i can on
        ebay. Hamiltonbob has int154 cub parts most of the time. And joes
        outdoor power has all garden tractor stuff besides engine parts.
        Bill

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, designer62@... wrote:

        > Sorry.....thought I mentioned that in my last note.
        >
        > The item was relisted under another identification number
        > and yet my second chance offer was attached to the relisted
        > item and not the original auction and original identification
        > number.
        >
        > Mike
        > Niles, Mi
        >

        > northcreek2624 wrote:
        >
        > > You can't get a second chance offer until the auction ends so
        the SC
        > > offer you received would have been for your $2k bid.
        > > Looks like the offer was legit and when you didn't respond the
        > > seller just relisted.
        > > Check the item # on the second chance offer and compare it to the
        > > relisted item # .......Mike.
        > >
        > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:ihcubloboyseries%40yahoogroups.com>, "desi40m"
        <designer62@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I just had an unpleasant experience on ebay.
        > > >
        > > > I was bidding on and won a 1978 184 lo boy. However, the
        reserve
        > > had
        > > > not been met. And I understand that.
        > > >
        > > > But!!! The seller sent me a "second chance" offer (which I have
        > > > gotten before with other auctions on ebay). But I found out
        that
        > > the
        > > > seller had "re-listed" the item on yet another auction with a
        higher
        > > > price!
        > > > If I had not been paying attention (as I am sure she hoped I
        would
        > > not
        > > > do) I would have accepted her second chance offer on what I
        would
        > > have
        > > > thought was "my" last bid on the original auction. (that is
        the rule
        > > > on second chance offers on ebay). My last winning bid was
        $2075 and
        > > > her new auction listed it at $2975!! I was almost scammed out
        of
        > > $900!!
        > > >
        > > > Beware of "cardinalss01" I have reported her and she ebay is
        > > > investigating her.

        12/30/2007 11:27 AM

      • designer62@qtm.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
          I just got a reply from ebay.....

          They told me that they could not get involved in transactions
          between buyers and sellers!!!  Well Hell!!!  They sure used to!!
          If they are no longer going to be involved when things go badly,
          then what is the point of having such a site?  They are opening
          pandora's box for all the criminals and frauds to fleece the
          unsuspecting public.  sheeeeesh!

          One of the things I think has always been rotten with ebay is the
          feedback system.

          Even if you get your payment there on time......then when you get
          your item sent to you and your not statisfied, your afraid to leave
          unfavorable feedback for fear they will do the same.  Yes I know
          they are not suppose to, but who's to stop them?  I believe in order
          to complete the transaction, the seller "must" report their feedback
          first.  But ebay doesn't listen to common sense.

          Twice I left unfavorable feedback and was gipped out of my feedback.
          The seller chose not to give me any sort of feedback and should have
          given me positive feedback as I met my part of the transaction.

          Mike
          Niles, Mi

          bigbill154cub wrote:

> [...]

          that
          > > the
          > > > seller had "re-listed" the item on yet another auction with a
          higher
          > > > price!
          > > > If I had not been paying attention (as I am sure she hoped I
          would
          > > not
          > > > do) I would have accepted her second chance offer on what I
          would
          > > have
          > > > thought was "my" last bid on the original auction. (that is
          the rule
          > > > on second chance offers on ebay). My last winning bid was
          $2075 and
          > > > her new auction listed it at $2975!! I was almost scammed out
          of
          > > $900!!
          > > >
          > > > Beware of "cardinalss01" I have reported her and she ebay is

          12/30/2007 11:27 AM

          No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

        • bigbill154cub
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
            I just recalled a problem i had in the past with two auction sites.
            The item was listed on two auction sites. I contacted one auction
            site that i normally deal with and they chose the same position,
            they wouldn't do anything. This was a down right fraud thing to do
            was to post the same item on two auction sites at the sametime.
            Someone was going to get burnt for sure.

            I'm hoping our goverment steps in on the internet auction sites with
            some laws to protect us. Otherwise its open season on our wallets.

            Date:
            > > 12/30/2007 11:27 AM

            1/2/2008 11:29 AM

          • designer62@qtm.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
              The real problem is that ebay has become lazy along
              with a bigger need for greed.

              They want to assume the profits, but do not want to assume
              any responsability.

              Mike
              Niles, Mi

              bigbill154cub wrote:

              I just recalled a problem i had in the past with two auction sites.
              The item was listed on two auction sites. I contacted one auction
              site that i normally deal with and they chose the same position,
              they wouldn't do anything. This was a down right fraud thing to do
              was to post the same item on two auction sites at the sametime.
              Someone was going to get burnt for sure.

              I'm hoping our goverment steps in on the internet auction sites with
              some laws to protect us. Otherwise its open season on our wallets.

              --- In ihcubloboyseries@ yahoogroups. com, designer62@. .. wrote:

              > I just got a reply from ebay.....
              >
              > They told me that they could not get involved in transactions
              > between buyers and sellers!!! Well Hell!!! They sure used to!!
              > If they are no longer going to be involved when things go badly,
              > then what is the point of having such a site? They are opening
              > pandora's box for all the criminals and frauds to fleece the
              > unsuspecting public. sheeeeesh!
              >
              > One of the things I think has always been rotten with ebay is the
              > feedback system.
              >
              > Even if you get your payment there on time......then when you get
              > your item sent to you and your not statisfied, your afraid to leave
              > unfavorable feedback for fear they will do the same. Yes I know
              > they are not suppose to, but who's to stop them? I believe in
              order
              > to complete the transaction, the seller "must" report their
              feedback
              > first. But ebay doesn't listen to common sense.
              >
              > Twice I left unfavorable feedback and was gipped out of my
              feedback.
              > The seller chose not to give me any sort of feedback and should
              have
              > given me positive feedback as I met my part of the transaction.
              >
              > Mike
              > Niles, Mi

            • kurke curl
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008

                EXACTLY!!!  Good payers can still get bad feedback if they complain about recieving junk.  Best thing is never give feedback on bad items, (which doesn't warn future buyers) then file a paypal claim, but if you win it is still like small claims court.  Paypal says you are right but doesn't refund or collect your money.  I've been through it, there isn't a good answer when the deal goes wrong.  So the overall best is to only buy from sellers with a large positive feedback score like the one we probably all know as "hamiltonbob".

                To: ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com
                From: designer62@...
                Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:33:26 -0500
                Subject: Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Re: phoney seller on ebay

                bigbill154cub wrote:

> [...]

                would
                > > have
                > > > thought was "my" last bid on the original auction. (that is
                the rule
                > > > on second chance offers on ebay). My last winning bid was
                $2075 and
                > > > her new auction listed it at $2975!! I was almost scammed out
                of
                > > $900!!
                > > >
                > > > Beware of "cardinalss01" I have reported her and she ebay is
                > > > investigating her.

                ------

                > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                12/30/2007 11:27 AM

                No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

                The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!