Hi all

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 26, 2007
      Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think it's a 1968. Have
      started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully have some good pics of
      it in the near future. Greg
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 26, 2007
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
          Howdy, Greg. You may find that most of the posts to this group are
          related to the later numbered International LoBoy tractors - the 154,
          185, and 184. These use the same engine, transmission, and final drive
          as your Farmall Cub Lo-boy, but have different sheet metal, hydraulics,
          and are centered, rather than offset. You might find more useful
          information if you go to <www.atis.net> and sign up for the Farmall
          list. Or there are several Farmall tractor lists in Yahoo Groups.

          (I have one of the Farmall Cub Lo-boy tractors and a 184, as well as 4
          Farmall Cubs.)

          Mike

          Greg wrote:

          > Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think it's a 1968. Have
          > started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully have some good pics of
          > it in the near future. Greg

        • Walter Kenney
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
            Hi Greg

            Follow this link for a very active group that talks
            about the Farmall and IHC cub,
            http://www.farmallcub.com/

            Walt

            --- Greg <paviking2@...> wrote:

            > Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think
            > it's a 1968. Have
            > started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully
            > have some good pics of
            > it in the near future. Greg

          • Dave Carter
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
              Welcome!
            • Walter Kenney
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
                Mike;

                I was not trying to chase Greg away, but trying to
                point him in the best direction if he has an offset
                cub.

                Walt

                --- designer62@... wrote:

                > Let's wait and see what he has before sending him
                > somewhere else.
                >
                > I was told mine was a 1965 on ebay.... It turned
                > out to be a 1974.
                > It is possible that he does have a later year Lo Boy
                > as many new
                > commers have not investigated the serial numbers
                > yet.
                >
                > Mike
                > Niles, Mi
                >

                > Mike Sloane wrote:
                >
                > > Howdy, Greg. You may find that most of the posts
                > to this group are
                > > related to the later numbered International LoBoy
                > tractors - the 154,
                > > 185, and 184. These use the same engine,
                > transmission, and final drive
                > > as your Farmall Cub Lo-boy, but have different
                > sheet metal, hydraulics,
                > > and are centered, rather than offset. You might
                > find more useful
                > > information if you go to <www.atis.net> and sign
                > up for the Farmall
                > > list. Or there are several Farmall tractor lists
                > in Yahoo Groups.
                > >
                > > (I have one of the Farmall Cub Lo-boy tractors and
                > a 184, as well as 4
                > > Farmall Cubs.)
                > >
                > > Mike
                > >
                > > Greg wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think
                > it's a 1968. Have
                > > > started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully
                > have some good pics of
                > > > it in the near future. Greg

                > Release Date: 10/27/2007 11:02 AM

              • Robert E. Fatone
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
                  --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, designer62@... wrote:

                  > Let's wait and see what he has before sending him somewhere else.
                  >
                  > I was told mine was a 1965 on ebay.... It turned out to be a 1974.
                  > It is possible that he does have a later year Lo Boy as many new
                  > commers have not investigated the serial numbers yet.
                  >
                  > Mike
                  > Niles, Mi

                  There are potentially TWO ways in which you can "cross-referecne" your
                  Internation Harvester "Cub" Lo-Boy serial numbers in order to find out
                  just what year of small tractor you have;

                  1) http://www.tractordata.com/td/ih.html

                  and

                  2) Go to the "Cub-Cadet" current day web-pages and register with a
                  user name and password.

                  http://cubcadet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/cubcadet.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_userid=bobfatone@...&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_iid=184492&p_created=1192049697
                  --or--
                  http://cubcadet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/cubcadet.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=G-iu4ePi&p_accessibility=0

                  Then, under "Questions" . . send them at Cub-Cadet Web-Site your
                  serial number and they are likely to reply! - I recently did this with
                  2 154's that I made purchase of and they got back to me the very next day!

                  If you need further assistances . . then I might be willing to help!

                  Best of luck.
                  BOB FATONE ~ Niantic, Connecticut

                  > Mike Sloane wrote:
                  >
                  > > Howdy, Greg. You may find that most of the posts to this group are
                  > > related to the later numbered International LoBoy tractors - the 154,
                  > > 185, and 184. These use the same engine, transmission, and final drive
                  > > as your Farmall Cub Lo-boy, but have different sheet metal,
                  hydraulics,
                  > > and are centered, rather than offset. You might find more useful
                  > > information if you go to <www.atis.net> and sign up for the Farmall
                  > > list. Or there are several Farmall tractor lists in Yahoo Groups.
                  > >
                  > > (I have one of the Farmall Cub Lo-boy tractors and a 184, as well as 4
                  > > Farmall Cubs.)
                  > >
                  > > Mike
                  > >
                  > > Greg wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think it's a 1968. Have
                  > > > started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully have some good
                  pics of
                  > > > it in the near future. Greg

                  10/27/2007 11:02 AM

                • designer62@qtm.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007

                    Greg wrote:

                    > Howdy everyone. Just bought a Cub Lo-boy. Think it's a 1968. Have
                    > started to tear it down to paint. Will hopefully have some good pics of
                    > it in the near future. Greg

                    No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.12/1096 - Release Date: 10/27/2007 11:02 AM

                  • designer62@qtm.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
                      I understand.  But as a new commer he
                      might take it the wrong way.

                      Mike
                      Niles, Mi

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
                        I appreciate all the info guys. Probably won't be here much as most
                        evenings I'n scraping and sanding! I promise not to take any info the
                        wrong way. Defenitely appreciate the welcomes. Greg