Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] 154 Clutch problem

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2007
      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "cdflint69" <cdflint69@...>

      {http://www.cngcoinc.com/home.asp} or http://www.wengers.com

      hehehe

      > > Here is my current problem.
      > >
      > > I need a flywheel. It's not what I would typically call a flywheel,
      > > as it's not bolted to the end of the crank, but it is the plate the
      > > clutch assembly bolts to. Right in front and on the input shaft of
      > > the creeper drive.
      > >
      > > It broke right where the fixxing bolt goes through tightening it onto
      > > the input shaft of the creeper drive.
      > >
      > > Anyone have an extra, or point me to a good source?
      > > My local cub dealer would rather sell me a new machine, and says the
      > > parts are no longer available.
      > >
      > > Also, a part number for this may help me track one down.
      > >
      > > Thanks all
      > > -Mike
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2007
        wrote:

        > Pressure plate part # is 531708R11.....bushing for in the center is #
        > 404666R1
        > Source: check with Carter & Gruenewold
        {http://www.cngcoinc.com/home.asp} or http://www.wengers.com

      • Mike Curry
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2007
          Thanks for the speedy reply.
          I am off on my search!

          Source: check with Carter & Gruenewold or http://www.wengers. com

          > Lurking for awhile, and enjoying all the info.
          >
          > I have a 154 LowBoy. I believe it's a '73, sn# 027625.
          >
          > I've managed to keep this gal running over the last 7 years, and I've
          > become attached enough to it, that I can't think of replacing it. hehehe
          >
          > Here is my current problem.
          >
          > I need a flywheel. It's not what I would typically call a flywheel,
          > as it's not bolted to the end of the crank, but it is the plate the
          > clutch assembly bolts to. Right in front and on the input shaft of
          > the creeper drive.
          >
          > It broke right where the fixxing bolt goes through tightening it onto
          > the input shaft of the creeper drive.
          >
          > Anyone have an extra, or point me to a good source?
          > My local cub dealer would rather sell me a new machine, and says the
          > parts are no longer available.
          >
          > Also, a part number for this may help me track one down.
          >
          > Thanks all
          > -Mike
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        • Art Pietscher
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2007
            I just had to buy one.  The local dealer in Toledo Ohio had it in just a few days.  They are a little pricey, but not unavailable by any means.  I see others have posted numbers so you should be OK.   Just take your big "thick" billfold with you.

            Art Pietscher
            La Salle, Michigan