power for woods lb59 deck

  • Dennis Bair
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Ifixed up a 154 lo-boy for my daughter and with your help got the
      moter running good I repainted it loks gooood Then I fixed the woods
      deck up too new blades, a good grease job repainted it. I took my time
      put on the belt got everything adjusted right Then I took it out to
      the yard for the maiden voyage turned up the power on the motor engaged
      the pto by pullig up on the handle and the engine bogged down. It
      caught itsself up and I put it in gear and it would hardly even mow.
      now power at all Do you think it the pto or the clutch??? the clutch
      works fine, I sure could use some help on this one Thanks
    • Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
        I had a proble with my 154 cutting hi grass, even after i picked up
        the cutter as hi as it would go. These things don't have that much
        power. I guess cuase it's too wide or something. I even tried cutting
        with only half of the mower with only two blades and it would still
        bog down.It's great with small green grass but terrible with large dry
        grass.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Bair" <nomind@...>