5233Front axle retainer pin; 154

  • dvmbrad
    May 2 7:06 AM
      The retainer pin for the front axle of my 154 slipped out last week.
      There isn't a locking device on the rear side to prevent it from
      working out. The IH dealer doesn't have anyting listed in his book
      that is supposed to attach to this pin and keep it in place. Without
      anything there the pin continues to slip out. Is there supposed to be
      a collar or some other device for this purpose? I am considering
      drilling the pin and using a washer stack and cotter pin, but would
      prefer the proper hardware set up.
      Thanks