4322Re: 184 engine trouble/Jeff

  • b156712
    Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Louie

      copy of e-mail I sent you (twice)..

      looks like you have gotten lots of other responses....always good to
      have choices

      184 did not have creeper gear and steering wheel is junk

      184 engine came from tractor serial# 51940 which I believe is a 1980,
      Tractor was used by a private park and was used only in summer to mow
      ballfields and was operated by a semi-retired groundskeeper since
      early 90's, I was told that this tractor was overhauled by a local
      dealer (now out of business)around 1995 but I have no receipts (or
      dealer) to verify this. Tractor was Pristine prior to fuel accident
      (ironically fueled by assistant local fire dept chief while running).

      Engine is equipped with Zenith Carb , but intake hose was burned
      off..not sure of carb condition

      Pricing:
      Engine is less flywheel and starter (already sold)
      for complete engine Head to pan ,including distributor,manifolds with
      muffler,carb,Hydraulic pump with piping,fan assembly, complete
      govenor , lower coolant pipe and front pulley
      boxed and ready to ship -$1000

      For engine Head to pan (with all internals) minus the items listed
      above
      boxed and ready to ship -$650

      shipping extra

      give me a call if you wish at 517-431-2655 after 5pm EST

      Thanks

      Jeff

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "o1_orion" <o1_orion@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello Jeff
      > I tried both your e-mails and not sure you received them.
      > I am interested in the engine. Was it a good running engine? Let me
      > know how much your looking for? Did the 184 have a creeper drive,
      > would be interested in that and the steering wheel if you still
      have
      > them. Let me know.
      >
      > Thanks Louie
      >
      > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "b156712" <b156712@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi Louie
      > >
      > > I have a complete 184 engine from a tractor that had a a gas tank
      > > fire -I have since been parting out this tractor- paint is still
      > on
      > > engine, only wiring and distributor cap appeared to be heat
      > damaged -
      > > Engine is complete less flywheel and starter (already sold)
      > located
      > > in Southern Michigan >>>if you have an interest drop me a note at
      > > Eunicejeff(at)aol.com
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Jeff
      > >

      > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "o1_orion"
      > <o1_orion@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a 184 with a loader. It smokes quite a bit from the
      > > breather.
      > > > It doesn't smoke at all from the exhaust. I take it this
      > indicates
      > > > blow by the compression rings? I have to do something with it
      > this
      > > > spring. Hope it makes it through the winter. If I can find a
      > good
      > > > running engine for a resonable price I'll get that. If not I
      was
      > > > thinking of just cleaning up the cylinders, if not worn too
      bad,
      > > and
      > > > installing new standard rings. Maybe even new bearings. I have
      > > > sims cab, an international belly mower and a woods belly mower.
      > I'd
      > > > swap any of these towards a good running engine. Any help or
      > > > thoughts would be appreciated. I'm located in northcentral
      Mass.
      > > > Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
      > > >
      > > > Louie
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic