  • gumneck
    Aug 1, 2002
      I measured the pulley and looks like a diameter of 6.5 inches. Also,
      I feel I need to push mower forward a couple of holes on the channel
      bracket b/c there is no more room with idler pulleys to adjust
      tension on the belt. (Looking from rear of tractor) the left idler is
      all the way up and the right idler all the way down. I'm sure that is

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., creeperdr <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In ihcubloboyseries@y..., "gumneck" <tom@w...> wrote:
      > > Well, after a ton of money and lots of waiting, I finally got the
      > > woods 59 under the 154. Everything I thought was mounted up right
      > and
      > > ready to mow. When I got on and pulled the pto lever up, it
      > > doing any cutting of grass. The blades seemed to not be turning
      > fast
      > > enough. I'm thinking I dont have enough tension on the belt via
      > > idler pulleys. If someone can give some ideas I'd appreciate it.
      > >
      > > Just so you know the facts, I have the front chains seven links
      > high.
      > > The rear mounting is in the second hole on the idler bracket and
      > > second hole from rear of mower on channel bracket.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance,
      > > Tom
      > Tom,
      > What size pulley do you have on the pto shaft. If it is to small
      > blades will not turn fast enough.
      > Dave
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic