18207Re: Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] 1977 Cub Lo-boy 154 with bucket loader, belly mower and 3pt hitch

  • Adam Tucker
    Oct 11, 2013
      Understood. :) I would consider taking the design and potentially building a slightly beefier setup. Though yes the front suspension would need to be built up some as well to accommodate the extra weight. Once I get the 3pt attachment I think I will do the same as you have done for the back end weight. As for the skidsteer bucket, I have seen the smaller ones for the smaller machines that are lighter and chances are that is what I would go with. They still use the same quick attach dimensions but weigh less. There are only a few attachments I would consider adding to the front though. A grapple bucket, standard bucket, pallet forks, and a hydraulic auger. I did think it was a neat idea of their to put the hydro oil resevoir in one of the main legs (left side) for the bucket loader though as it does have its own PTO driven pump.  I would however like to check into the potential of running it off the pump that is already in the tractor and just use quick connect hoses but until I know more about the system I'll just leave everything as is.  :)

      On Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:37 AM, "whatelse@..." <whatelse@...> wrote:

      Just a word of warning regarding the use of other loader attachments besides the OEM bucket ...
      I don't know what make & model of loader you have, so I'm basing my comments on the specs of the FEL I have on my 184 tractor.  That loader is a Qwik-Way model LIH100B-75.  The bucket is 60" wide and the manufacturer says not to handle bucket loads in excess of 550 lbs.  This FEL came with HD heat-treated replacement spindles for the front wheels.  So if you are considering the use of skid-steer Bobcat-like attachments, take into account the likelihood that the heavier built skid-steer attachments weigh more than your existing bucket, so whatever loads you expect to carry will have to be down-sized from that typically carried by the skid-steer.
      I should replace the bucket on my FEL as it is rusting-through.  Whatever replacement buckets I have seen weigh considerably more than the OEM bucket.  The OEM is primarily constructed of 3/16" thick steel, while the comparable 60" buckets on the Bobcats and Kubota tractor FELs tend to be made of 1/4", 5/16", and/or 3/8" thick steel.  The FEL manufacturer also says the belly-mounted mower should be removed from the tractor when the loader is attached, and that there should be 350 lbs. of counterweight on the rear of the tractor.  For my set-up, the belly mower is removed and my counterweight consists of the 3-point hitch, a Speeco quick-attach, and a 5 ft. King Kutter box blade.  The Speeco and King Kutter weigh a combined 525 lbs. which also happens to be the maximum lift capacity of the 3-point hitch.
      - Dennis Anderson

      ---In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, <ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That's probably going to be a LONG while. I was actually planning to update the pin attach bucket with a quick attach since there are so many implements available.

      I do know of a guy in the area looking to sell his lo-boy. Though its just a standard 154 with the belly mower and an extra set of narrow rear wheels. He's asking $3500 but he has done a lot of clean up and updated the ignition system. Its a nice looking tractor but I already have mine. :)

      On Friday, October 11, 2013 6:00 PM, Tim Stone <tpstone3756@...> wrote:

      If you ever want to sell the bucket loader I'm interested.

      Tim S...

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 10, 2013, at 10:37 PM, <knightwolf_collingwood@...> wrote:

      I have a cub loboy model 154 that came with the belly mower and the bucket loader. I have a chance to pick up another 154 with the 3pt hitch so that I could swap it onto mine since mine is in better condition. I was just curious though, What would a lo-boy with all that be worth to someone?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic