17457Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] New to a 184 & the sight.

  • desoto44142
    Jul 5, 2012
      Hi Rowdy,

      I think you're referring to the baffle that fits underneath the deck that follows the arc of the blades? The baffle was missing from my 185's deck when I bought it, and it still cuts great without it. So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about them being damaged, as long as they're not in the path of the blades or at risk of coming off as you mow. I have the 3160 deck.

      Just my $0.02. Best of luck!
      Marty

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, rowdy_3344837 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > We got the unite home yeasterday with a bounus (so the seller says). He threw in some old speedex. Anyway... on the 184, looking at it closer, the IH deck is in bad shape after looking at it off the unite. It has a rust hole behind the front left wheel. I'm not sure what you call it but, in the deck ware the blades go around their is about a 3" steel that follows the blades as they spin. Those are all rusted and mangled up. Other than more oil leaks found like; axle seal, gaskets on the engine and ect are bad. We still need to remove the sheet metail and look at what we got more closer.
      >

      > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sloane <mikesloane@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Congratulations on your new acquisition!
      > >
      > > The only tip I would provide is to immediately buy a copy of the service
      > > manual from Binder Books <www.binderbooks.com>. The manual will walk you
      > > though the process of changing out the clutch and will save you much
      > > time and bloodshed. Note that the tricky part (for me) is dealing with
      > > the drive shaft. The directions are thorough, but getting it back enough
      > > to remove the clutch isn't as obvious at you might think.
      > >
      > > I also suggest you replace the engine rear main seal while you have the
      > > flywheel off - they tend to leak in older C-60 engines. When you buy the
      > > new seal, you will find it just a little loose in the carrier, so a shot
      > > of Loctite 603 anaerobic "flange sealer" or similar is in order to keep
      > > it in place.
      > >
      > > Some images of my 184 overhaul can be seen at
      > > <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_184/>
      > >
      > > Feel free to contact me at <mikesloane@> if you have questions.
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >
      > > On 7/1/2012 5:29 PM, rowdy_3344837 wrote:
      > > > Bought a 184 in very good condition over the weekend. Was serching
      > > > Google and I came across this group, and found most all of my answers.
      > > > The 184 is not here at its new home yet, what it does need is a new
      > > > pressure plate. Our idea was to replace the whole thing. The clutch,
      > > > pressure plat, face the fly wheel and the throw out bearing.
      > > >
      > > > What I would like to know from you guys are any tips, tricks,
      > > > suggestions, thoughts and ideas and other ect. What else should we look
      > > > at inspect or replace?
      > > >
      > > > Thank you in advance.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic