      From: rick <rhartwick@...>
      Subject: Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Sickle Bar Mower on a 184?
      To: ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 9:04 AM

      Kent, Dale and Mike,

      Thanks for your help on this, and Kent, thanks for taking the trouble to send me the craigslist listing.

      Definitely answered my question that a sickle bar can be mounted. It is an excellent point however, as to how suitable the 184 would be for actual field mowing, even in a small orchard. The biggest problem might be the 3 speeds on the 184. For any kind of heavy hay cutting, the 184 with such a mower might be out of its league. It would seem if I did find a unit, I might go for the 22 with the steel gears, rather than the 222 with composite ones.

      Thanks again to all who responded with help. This list is such a great resource for these machines. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to contribute something useful as I get to know this tractor better next season.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic