15598Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Sickle Bar Mower on a 184?

  • rick
    Jan 2, 2010
      Kent, Dale and Mike,

      Thanks for your help on this, and Kent, thanks for taking the trouble to send me the craigslist listing.

      Definitely answered my question that a sickle bar can be mounted. It is an excellent point however, as to how suitable the 184 would be for actual field mowing, even in a small orchard. The biggest problem might be the 3 speeds on the 184. For any kind of heavy hay cutting, the 184 with such a mower might be out of its league. It would seem if I did find a unit, I might go for the 22 with the steel gears, rather than the 222 with composite ones.

      Thanks again to all who responded with help. This list is such a great resource for these machines. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to contribute something useful as I get to know this tractor better next season.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic