15586Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Sickle Bar Mower on a 184?

    Jan 1, 2010
      A Model 222. There was one for sale the other day, but I can't find it now. One thing to be aware of is very little ground clearance. The mangled bottom shield on mine is evidence that it can be a problem.

      I believe there may also be a version of the 105 balance head for the Lo-Boy as well.

      Kent

      On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:07 AM, rick <rhartwick@...> wrote:

      First off, Happy New Year. I don't post often, but have gained much knowledge from the various posts.

      I have a 184 with the regular underside grass mower. However, we are going to be cutting some hay and maintaining a small orchard next summer, so I am thinking about mounting a sickle bar mower on the 184. The old Cubs had a nice little belly mounted bar mower, but I have never seen such a unit on a the newer tractors.

      Does such an animal exist that is made for these tractors? I imagine adapting an older Cub bar mower to a 184 would involve a lot of adaptation.

      Thanks.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic