14737Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Still Need Help with 185

    May 2, 2009
      Check the position of the plug wires in the distributor: the distributor
      runs counterclockwise as you look from the top, and the no. 1 wire
      should be at about "2 o'clock". I believe the firing order (from memory)
      is 1-2-4-3. I have had similar problems with C-60 engines not wanting to
      start because of that.

      As far as refusing to turn over, I strongly recommend checking ALL of
      the grounds - from the battery box right up to the starter. Remove
      *every* ground connection, clean it off with a wire brush or emery
      cloth, and secure it tightly. and that includes the mounting of the
      starter/generator.

      Mike

      Kristi Nelson wrote:

      > Hi Tim,
      >
      > Thank you for replying! It will not start. It will turn over sometimes.
      > Not all the time. When it does turn over, we are getting spark and we
      > are getting fuel. Have not checked the timing yet. Will do that next.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Kristi

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic