13286Re: Transmission problem

  • yllanc
    Jun 1, 2008
      When this happened on my 154 it was caused by the splines getting
      worn on the drive shaft, this caused it to break out the center of
      the clutch disc. I had a machine shop take off 5/8 in. of the end of
      the drive shaft and turn a new pilot end on the shaft. After doing
      this the shaft was split in the center and lengthened by the same
      amount, so the finished length was the same as the original. This was
      accomplished with a sleeve over the shaft. The unworn splines then
      engage the clutch disc, solving the problem. The altenative is to buy
      a new shaft which is pricy! Mine kept breaking out the clutch centers
      until I did the above. Harold

      > Looks like the centre of the main clutch disk has blown out. This
      > happened last August and the was replaced.
      >
      > Is there any way this can be self inflicted or could it be a faulty
      > disk?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Richard
      >
      > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, twactoruk <no_reply@>
      wrote:

      > > OK - its one of those weeks. Having replaced alternator and fixed
      > > creeper the tractor was running better than ever then...
      > >
      > > ...The engine stopped turning the drive shaft. The drive shaft
      can
      > > easily be spun by hand with engine on or off. Depressing the
      clutch
      > > makes no difference.
      > >
      > > Is this a clutch problem or something more ominous?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Richard

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic