11568[IH CUB LoBoy Series] Re: starting problem

  • outdoors4evr1
    Sep 10, 2007
      Pertronix is one of the industry lead companies for electronic
      ignition systems. Pertronix only sells their products through
      vendors, but you can look at this vendor's website for more info.
      They have an agricultural application section that may be helpful.
      http://www.cbsperformance.com/ignitor.shtml

      If you wanted to replace your points with an electronic system, I
      would start the search with Pertronix.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sloane <mikesloane@...>
      wrote:

      > In the last several years, I have found that the points supplied by
      the
      > "low priced" vendors (Valu-Bilt, TSC, etc) don't seem to hold up
      well at
      > all, sometimes not even lasting a season. Whenever I have a "no
      start &
      > no spark" problem, I find that a new set of either Case IH or NAPA
      point
      > resolves the problem. (I have about 10 different IH tractors with
      pretty
      > much the same ignition system. I just ordered two Petronix
      breakerless
      > systems, and I am going to try to convert two tractors per year in
      order
      > to eventually get rid of the crappy points/condenser problem.)
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > tractorboy776c wrote:
      > >

      > > Charles
      > >
      > > Thanks. New points etc. has in fact now fixed the problem.
      > >
      > > Richard
      > >
      > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:ihcubloboyseries%40yahoogroups.com>, charles hudson
      > > <nightbreedmc1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Richard,
      > > > Dont forget to check the coil as well ! They are relatively
      > > inexpensive and can cause a lot of frustration !! (voice of
      > > experience !!)
      > > > Charles
      > > >
      > > > tractorboy776c <tractorboy776c@> wrote:
      > > > Thanks guys. The spark test revealed no spark so will
      > > replace points
      > > > etc first. Hopefully that will do it.
      > > >
      > > > Richard

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic