IGKT-NAB Convention (South Carolina)

  • Tim Weil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Sorry about the last posting.....
      Here's the Knot-Tyers List announcment....

      -tw

      The 2005 Meeting of IGKT-NAB is scheduled for
      Thursday, September
      22nd thru Sunday, September 25th in Charleston, South
      Carolina.
      Please mark you calendars for this weekend and plan to
      attend one of
      North America's premier knot tying events. There will
      be attendees
      from all over the world. There will be classes for
      those interested
      in branching out and learning new knotting skills. In
      the past we
      have had topics ranging from knotted jewelry to button
      knots to
      extended Turk's heads to practical arborist knots and
      the list goes
      on. We will be knotting on the beautiful Charleston
      waterfront and
      will have public displays at the Aquarium and the
      Maritime Center.
      The tall ship Spirit of South Carolina has just gotten
      a 1 million
      dollar pledge so they should be working on planking at
      the time of
      the meeting. Also, we will have the shipyard for a BBQ
      / Shrimp /
      Oyster Roast dinner for Saturday night. We also hope
      to be working
      with the local Maritime Center by hosting educational
      knot seminars
      for the public. As always, we will have the use of
      Hospitality Room
      at the Comfort Inn (this is where the `real knot
      tying" gets
      done). It should be an exciting long weekend, jam
      packed with
      knotty fun. If you have any questions or wish for
      additional
      information, please contact Steve Coates (shcoates54
      "at"
      comcast.net). For those of you who would like to teach
      (or host) a
      specific seminar please contact Steve as well.

      We currently have 35 rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn
      Coliseum
      (near the Charleston Airport) for a rate of $55.00 per
      night plus
      taxes. Please contact them to reserve your room.
      Mention the IGKT-
      NAB for the group discount. They have promised us a
      meeting room
      for the Hospitality Suite if we use 30 or more of the
      reserved
      rooms. The rates for the rooms are great, tho' the
      waterfront area
      where we will be exhibiting, etc. is about a 10-15 min
      drive. So
      those that are close enough to drive, please bring
      your "big car" to
      be able to provide transportation for those that will
      be flying in.
      The contact information for the Comfort Inn is:

      Comfort Inn Coliseum
      5055 North Arco Lane
      N. Charleston, SC 29418
      (843) 554-6485

      The most recent version of the program is as follows:

      Thursday, September 22
      Evening Meet and Greet 4pm-7pm
      "Carry-out" Dinner for all interested
      Hospitality Suite 5pm-???
      Friday, September 23
      Display Set-up 8:30am-9:30am
      Annual Meeting 9:30am
      Lunch Noon-2pm
      Displays Noon-5pm
      Programs 2pm-4pm
      Evening Meet and Greet 5pm-7pm
      "Carry-out" Dinner for all interested
      Hospitality Suite 5pm-???
      Saturday, September 24
      Displays 9am-5pm
      Lunch Noon-2pm
      Programs 2-6pm
      Banquet 7-9pm
      Hospitality Suite 9pm-???
      Sunday, September 25
      Displays 10am-4pm
      Programs 10am-Noon
      Lunch Noon-2pm
      Programs 2pm-4pm
      Display Break-down 4pm-6pm
      "Carry-out" Dinner for all interested

      I want to encourage anyone interested in our great
      craft to attend
      this event. If you are not currently a member of the
      Guild, it will
      be a great time to "get signed up". We will be having
      raffles
      during the weekend so please bring a piece of your
      work, a fid, some
      needles, anything knot-worthy to donate for the daily
      raffles. A
      registration form along with some program specifics
      will be mailed
      out / emailed / posted at the IGKT websites very
      shortly.

      Steve Coates
      Seacoast Details, LLC
      2 Freedom Circle #18