MAR-IGKT at TPFF (Sunday 9/12)

  • jugknot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2004
      Knotter, Listers & Friends -

      Our demonstration kiosk was a big hit at yesterday's Takoma Park
      Folk Festival. Thanks to Wes for his volunteer efforts. Highlights
      included the following -

      100+ visitors over a 6-hour (lots of flyers & business cards handed
      out). Look for some hits to http://igktnab.org in the next
      couple of weeks.

      Wes demo-ed Monkey Fist & Tim demo-ed Good Luck knot

      Dozens of 6-knot challenge attempts. Fastest time recorded by
      Louis Weil at 36 seconds (his brother Page holds the troop record
      at 29 seconds).

      Tim got to instruct Knotting Bench in Spanish! (Nudo, cuerdo,
      vaquero, vuelta, etc.)

      10 different bowlines observed, taught over the course of the day.

      Inquiries from Old Salts (retired Navy), recreational sailors, and
      GREENPEACE (they wanted to discuss arborist knots for tree sitters
      in the old-growth forest).

      Media coverage (look for Washington Post story this week). Also
      Montgomery cable shot footage of synchronized one-hand bowline
      demonstration (3 scouts at the same time).

      In short.....it was a blast.
      TIM