Midwives of Peace Interfaith Encounter group celebrates 5 years on 18.4.13

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      Midwives of peace meeting to celebrate 5 years of activity of the group

      Midwives of peace meeting to celebrate 5 years of activity of the group

      Beit Jala, 18 April 2013

      Attending:  Halla, Mindy, Lesley, Aisha, Irit, Ronit, Muna, Rachel, Galia, Ayat, Smadar, Tammy, Barbara, Rana, Ansar, Hilary,  Revital, Lior, Malka, Marisa, Monica, , Gomer

      Special guests: Sera Bonds- Founder of COHI,
                                   Yifat Susskind- Executive director MADRE

      In This very special meeting we got together to celebrate the group's 5th birthday. We had a "play-back" theater occasion: a group of actresses with a  pianist arrived at the meeting, they  listened carefully to our stories about the group: how we influence each other and the meaning of the group for each us, they then put on a play which is based on the stories and contains the different voices of we described. This enables people to share their experiences and emotion as well as tell about their thoughts. Our special guests - Sera and Yifat who are supporting our activities in several ways were with us for the meeting and shared their visions. Sera told a bit of the history of the group as the founder of it, and Yifat shared her experience of women who are interested in our group in other parts of the world.

      Muna showed a presentation on health issues in Palestine, mainly on issues that are related to women's health. The presentation was meant to answer some questions that had been presented in the group in prior occasions.

      The next meeting was set for the 20th of August.

      Notes by Gomer

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Yael Gidanyan (Chair)

        Mr. Morad Muna

        Mr. Moshe Jacobs

        Mr. Imad Abu Hassan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.

      Groups listed from north to south:

      ·         Ma'alot

      ·         Acre

      ·         Karmiel-Majd el-Krum

      ·         Restaurant

      ·         M'gharSawa Rabina

      ·         M'gharShibolot

      ·         M'ghar – Bridging

      ·         M'ghar – Lana

      ·         M'ghar – Green Light

      ·         Galilee Women's Interfaith Encounter (WIE)

      ·         Jordan Valley College (YIE)

      ·         Haifa WIE

      ·         Haifa University Youth Interfaith Encounter (YIE)

      ·         Carmel City

      ·         Wadi Ara WIE

      ·         Living Together in Wadi Ara

      ·         Netania-Qalansawa

      ·         Non-Violent Communication

      ·         Tel Aviv University YIE

      ·         Petach TikvaKfar Kasem

      ·         Tel Aviv-Jaffa

      ·         A/Nahnu – Mt. Scopus YIE

      ·         Language Exchange I

      ·         Language Exchange II

      ·         East of Jerusalem

      ·         Abu Dis And Maaleh Adumim

      ·         Prayer focused

      ·         IEA Reut-Sadaqa

      ·         Study and Dialogue

      ·         Jerusalem WIE

      ·         Jerusalem YIE

      ·         Jewish-Christian study of the Gospel of Mathew

      ·         Ein Karem – Health Equality for all People in Israel

      ·         Jerusalem Arabic Speaking group

      ·         Bibliodrama

      ·         The Future – Mothers and Daughters

      ·         Interfaith Visits

      ·         Hebrew U.-Bethlehem U. YIE

      ·         Teens YIE

      ·         Women's Empowerment

      ·         East of Jerusalem

      ·         Gush Etzion

      ·         Siach Yeshiva – Hebron Students YIE

      ·         Circle of Light and Hope

      ·         Midwives

      ·         Jerusalem-Hebron Religious Leaders

      ·         Jerusalem-Hebron YIE

      ·         Jerusalem-Yata YIE

      ·         South of Hebron YIE

      ·         Eilat